Posted by Rant4u
(CNN) — The Russian bank that had an “odd” internet link to the Trump Organization during the presidential campaign is now claiming that U.S.-based hackers have recently launched cyberattacks to try to frame the bank.
Cybersecurity experts say this hack is a common type of prank. And it’s not directly related to activity discovered last year between the computer servers of Alfa Bank and the Trump Organization.
Alfa Bank believes the hack is meant to make it seem as if the Trump Organization is currently communicating with it.
In a statement, Alfa Bank said “the cyberattacks are an attempt by unknown parties to manufacture the illusion of contact” between Alfa Bank and the Trump Organization.
Last week, CNN revealed that the FBI’s counterintelligence team is still investigating whether there was a computer server connection between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank during the U.S. election, according to sources close to the investigation.
The CNN report showed that the corporations offered only possible explanations — but no proof — as to why Alfa Bank was repeatedly looking up the contact information for a computer server used by the Trump Organization.
But on Friday, Alfa Bank claimed hackers are now trying to perpetuate that suspicion by tricking the Trump Organization into sending communication toward the bank. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)