Everything you need to know about the Google lawsuit that could derail Uber’s future
Posted by Rant4u
The first self-driving car prototypes are already navigating the roads in a few cities. But the real action is about to take place in the courtroom.
Google and Uber, the two giants at the forefront of developing the technology, are vying to own the emerging market and to suck up the profits.
The stakes are high and the fight is already getting personal, with Google accusing one of its star engineers of stealing some of its crown jewels.
Last month, Waymo, the self-driving company owned by Google’s parent company Alphabet, sued Uber, claiming that one of its employees stole vital technology shortly before starting his own self-driving company (which Uber later acquired).
Autonomous cars have the potential to upend massive industries ranging from transportation to auto manufacturing. For Google and Uber, the opportunity and the threat posed by a world of self-driving vehicles is huge.
Google has been developing self-driving technology for the better part of a decade, and plans to license that technology to other car companies through Waymo. There’s also a chance Waymo will eventually develop its own ride-hailing service powered by self-driving cars to compete directly with Uber. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)