Social Media 2014 Statistics – an interactive Infographic you’ve been waiting for!
Posted by Rant4u
How fast Social Media is expanding in 2014? Do you know how many active users Facebook has? How fast Google+ is evolving? How many users have never tweeted after opening their account on Twitter? Do these numbers matter to you? Let me give you a quick example-
A friend of mine who has been struggling to hire a PHP developer was chatting with me and I suggested him to try Facebook ads to reach out good developers based on his desirable location and other preferences. He wasn’t ready to try this at all. I took the liberty and started some Facebook ads on my own, fixed a budget of $20 for a day for a pilot project. He was stunned to see the results, more than 23K people reached, 300+ visited the site and 43 forwarded their resume or called him. All this, just for $20.
If you’re managing social media for your businesses, it is important to keep track of statistics so it keeps your strategy in-line. Last year we received an overwhelming response with our social media statistics of 2013. This year again we have taken upon ourselves to answer all your questions about various social networks and their active/total users in 2014!
The infographic below covers all the latest Social Media facts, figures, numbers and statistics of 2014. Some of the mind-blowing facts are mentioned here:
- 75% of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours.
- 53% of interaction between Google+ user and a brand is positive.
- 44% of users on Twitter have never sent a tweet!
- 84% of women and 50% of men stay active on Pinterest.
- More than 2 users sign-up for LinkedIn every second.
- 23% of teens consider Instagram as their favourite social network.
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines.
- Number of snaps sent per day on SnapChat is 400 Million. (Yeah! that’s true)
- 40% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile.
- B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads. Check out more about lead generation through Social Media.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)