You Are Being Hunted On Social Media
Posted by Rant4u
Working at home has ups and downs. This morning I found myself picking a piece of Lego out of my foot that I managed to step on in the darkness, again. That coupled with the fact that I had to yet find my way to the coffee maker meant that my mood was far less than pleasant.
After properly caffeinating, I cracked open my laptop to see what was waiting for me in the queue. The third email I noticed was from a friend who had sent me an email with something regarding Robin Williams who had recently passed away. My alarm bells were ringing in my head.
I have enjoyed the work of Robin Williams for many years but, this particular person didn’t and also was unaware of my fondness for his work. Then I realized that he had clicked on a phishing email or had his computer somehow compromised. I wish that there was some sort of antibiotic for this sort of situation but, the reality is that security awareness is a constant battle to be waged. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
About Rant4uA Revolution in Social Networking
Posted on September 22, 2014, in #technology and tagged coffee maker, phishing, Robin Williams, Social Media, social media phishing, You Are Being Hunted On Social Media. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.