Google buys Bump to share anything between your phone and laptop
Posted by Rant4u
Terms of the deal were not released.
The app allows you to select anything on your phone — photos, files — and transfer it to your computer simply by “bumping” the space bar of your laptop. And, vice versa, you can select just about anything on your computer, bump your space bar, and get it on your phone.
It’s a great app and a great idea — I can’t say how many times I’ve wanted to instantly share something between my devices, and waited, frustrated, for iCloud to sync up photos before finally giving up in frustration and just emailing them to myself. Apple is fixing that, theoretically, with Airdrop on iOS 7, so by buying Bump, Google has sent a shot across the bow of its biggest mobile rival.
Bump also makes the collaborative photo album Flock, which allows you to take photos of an event or vacation with friends and share them all between you. That’s something Facebook just made potentially obsolete with its new shared photos albums … but not if Google incorporates it into Google+ in some way. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)