Giants unveil social media cafe at AT&T Park
Posted by Rant4u
The San Francisco Giants, one of the most active sports teams on social media, today unveiled a new cafe at their ballpark dedicated to all of those tweets, Facebook posts and Instagram pictures.
The @Cafe, located behind the centerfield bleachers at AT&T Park, is the first social media headquarters located in a ballpark and opened for the first time at tonight’s game against the San Diego Padres, Giants president and CEO Larry Baer said.
The cafe is a partnership between the team and Peet’s Coffee & Tea, which will sell drinks to fans visiting the site.
A 12-foot-by-4-foot screen will show social media posts in real-time from around the world, as well as updated numbers for the number of fans who follow the team on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
The Giants lead Major League Baseball in total number of Instagram followers and are fourth on Twitter and Facebook, Baer said.
AT&T Park has the third-most Facebook “check-ins” in the world, behind only Times Square and Disneyland, he said.
Baer said it became obvious during the team’s World Series run last year “how much social media tended to dominate everybody’s lives in terms of following the Giants.”
He said, “It’s very much a part of our lives … you can’t do business as an organization without a presence on social media.” Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)