The 5 Social Media Rules Every Entrepreneur Should Know
Posted by Rant4u
5 Social Media Rules Every Entrepreneur Should Know (Entrepreneur)
- Produce quality content. Do not make less of an effort with online communications than offline. If anything, what you say on social media is more important, because you are speaking to a larger audience.
- Be open and engaging. Social media is a two-way conversation. Producing quality content is only half of the conversation. Listen to what your followers are saying about your brand. These are your customers (or potential customers), and they want to know that you are listening to their concerns.
- Focus on a specific niche. Social media has grown so large that people have congregated into small communities of people that share similar interests. As a startup business or brand, associate yourself with one of these communities and become leader of the pack.
- Use social media to build your business, and vice-versa. Business owners often view social media as a component of marketing or PR. However, social media is also a great way to build rapport as a leader in the space you are operating within.
- Embrace each social network’s unique culture. Each social network attracts a different audience of users. Embrace the individuality of each service and play to its strengths.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)