Google+ use skyrockets, says report
Posted by Rant4u
Computerworld – Social network Google+, which turned a year old at the end of June, has seen its user base take a dramatic jump in the past six to seven months, according to comScore, an Internet traffic monitor.
According to comScore, total unique visitors to Google+ in the U.S. went from 15.2 million in November 2011 to 27.7 million in June of this year. That’s a jump of 82%.
Worldwide, Google+ visitors jumped from 66.7 million to 110.7 million in the same time period, marking a 66% increase, comScore reported.
“That’s impressive,” said Zeus Kerravala, an analyst with ZK Research. “I guess there is room for an alternative social networking vendor.”
Google’s social network had more good news earlier this month. The American Customer Satisfaction Index released a survey showing that while Facebook‘s user satisfaction rating dropped 8% over the last year, to 61 on a 100-point scale, Google+, making its first appearance in the survey, scored 78.
Kerravala noted that Facebook may be the world’s largest social network with more than 900 million global users, but the site has taken some major hits lately. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)