WWE Looks to Build on Social Success With 1000th ‘Raw’ Episode
Posted by Rant4u
Already a titan of the sports and entertainment social media space, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) says it’s ready to begin a new era of even more fan engagement and interactivity with the 1,000th episode of its signature program, Raw, on Monday night.
The program will introduce the #RAWactive social initiative, incorporating platforms including Twitter, Tout, Shazam, Instagram and Facebook for fans to converse with wrestlers and one another during the show as well as help control outcomes and storylines.
Fans will be able to submit videos and photos for a chance to see their posts broadcast on live TV. Fan input via social media will also be used to determine things such as future matchups and Raw‘s future general managers. A series of apps launching in August will further deepen the role social and digital media play in WWE programming, says Jason Hoch, the company’s head of digital.
“We’re introducing a number of new elements starting Monday, but going forward we’re going to make choices creatively about what should be weaved in where,” Hoch told Mashable last week. “We really want this to be an engaging and new experience even more than it already is.”
Part of that new experience will be a continuation of the WWE’s partnership with the video sharing network Tout. Last week, Monday Night Raw featured a slew of fan-submitted 15-second videos for the first time, and the beginning of the partnership delivered some very impressive engagement results. Tout shot up the App Store charts, more than a million Tout posts were viewed during and after the show, and more than 12,000 updates and replies were posted by users. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)