Facebook lowest ranked social media site for customer satisfaction
Posted by Rant4u
Reuters / file
Facebook received the lowest ranking of social media sites when it comes to customer satisfaction, as well as the lowest rank for e-businesses, according to a study released Tuesday by the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
The social network’s “unrivaled user base is impressive, but its satisfaction ratings are not. Facebook falls 8 percent to 61 (on a scale of 100), one of the lowest scores of any company in the Index,” said the ACSI report.
Facebook also set a “new record-low score for e-business,” and was “among the five lowest-scoring companies of the 230 measured by the ACSI.” The report is based on more than 5,000 surveys collected during the 2nd quarter, and includes scores for e-business websites and analysis by customer experience analytics firm ForeSee, ACSI¹s partner for the E-Business Report.
“One problem for Facebook is that survey respondents say that ads actively interfere with their experience on the site and are among the things they like least about Facebook,” the ACSI report said. Relative newcomer Google+ “debuts on top of the social media category with a score of 78, but there are no ads on Google+.”
Facebook, in a statement to NBC News about the findings, said “We care deeply about the experience people have on Facebook and that’s why we’re so focused on building and improving the products we offer. Giving people the means to interact with the people when they want, where they want and how they want is the most meaningful way for us to make our relationship with people even stronger.” Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
About Rant4uA Revolution in Social Networking
Posted on July 17, 2012, in #social media and tagged ACSI, advertising, American Customer Satisfaction Index, customer satisfaction index, facebook, lowest for e-business, rankings, survey respondents. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.