Tibco Says Corporate Social Networks `Hot’ for Efficiency
Posted by Rant4u
Tibco Software Inc. (TIBX) (TIBX), a U.S. software maker expanding in social-networking services for businesses, said it’s “very positive” companies will adopt internal tools similar to Facebook and Twitter to streamline work.
Tibco has gained 1 million users for its Tibbr workplace application, which lets employees interact with colleagues and share information in microblogs from fixed or mobile terminals. Palo Alto, California-based Tibco charges $12 a month per user, giving discounts to large clients such as department-store chain Macy’s Inc. (M) (M) Customers of the social-enterprise platform, introduced in January 2011, include the World Economic Forum.
“Employers and employees are re-imaging the way in which they communicate,” Ram Menon, Tibco’s president of social computing, said today in an interview in Milan before speaking at an industry conference. “Companies think social enterprise is hot, and they’re investing on it.”
Increasing demand for employee productivity and shorter time spans in processes such as supply chains is fueling the development of social-enterprise software, whose layouts resemble the social networks of Facebook (FB) (FB) Inc. and Twitter Inc. The market for the software for corporate customers is forecast to reach $6.4 billion by 2016, according to Forrester Research.
“Social enterprise is replacing phone calls, e-mails, face-to-face meetings and hard-copy documents” as companies need to combine all those means of communicating, Menon said. “For companies, the value of their network is not just in the technology behind it but in the content posted on it.” Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)