Social media helps local business
Posted by Rant4u
Social media sites serve different purposes for each user. But for 19-year-old Julian Navarette, one helped launch his photography business.
Navarette is owner of Julian N. Photography. He said last May he quit his part-time job, launched his Facebook business page and has had a very busy year, especially since April.
“It’s crazy how much Facebook has bumped my business,” Navarette said.
Facebook — and to a lesser extent social media platforms Twitter and Instagram – allow a new business model for entrepreneurs, especially those short on cash.
You probably won’t see his ads on billboards or television, but as of Saturday, Navarette’s Facebook page had 4,260 “fans” and dozens of comments from people wanting to schedule a photo session through the site. Navarette said he has been booked almost every day since the start of April. Navarette takes pictures of seniors, newborns and families mostly, with some engagement and wedding photos.
“I don’t really have to advertise; people contact me,” Navarette said.
Early on, Navarette said he would offer free sitting sessions to people who liked his page, but for the past several months people have been coming to the page after hearing about him from others. Business has become so busy for Navarette that he is even planning on scheduling some time to take a vacation.
“I’m actually trying to slow down,” Navarette said. But he also said the job was something that he loved doing.
Currently Navarette works out of his home and takes all of the photos on location. He said he would like to have a studio one day, but loves taking pictures outside. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)