Social Media – The New Favorite Breeding Ground Of Terrorists
Posted by Rant4u
‘Challenging Extremists’, a report by Student Rights and the Henry Jackson Society, says individuals invited to address students on U.K. university campuses have promoted fear of a Western war against Islam, support for paramilitary violence in Israel, intolerance of non-believers and Islam as an obligatory political system for law and governance.
British students are being targeted online by Islamist extremists using social media, according to the new report, which lists evidence of individuals targeting student social media pages to share extremist material.
One individual targeted students via social media to share a video of Abu Ibrahim, designated by the US government as an al-Qaeda linked fighter, recruiter, facilitator and propagandist; there was also an audio recording of Abdul Rahman Saleem, convicted in 2008 of inciting terrorism overseas during a speech at Regent’s Park mosque. In some cases, students themselves have shared extreme videos of deceased senior al-Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)