Clinton Says Mobile Tech, Cooperation Key to Tackling Global Problems
Posted by Rant4u
Wireless technology figures to be a crucial factor in any serious address of the laundry list of capital-letter challenges confronting the developing world, from health care to personal finance, energy to education, former President Bill Clinton said in a closing keynote address here at the CTIA Wireless 2012 show.
Clinton also had a larger point to make, warning that divisive politics and a narrow-minded focus on special interests run at cross purposes from solving the big problems.
“What works in real life is creative networks of cooperation,” Clinton told his audience of wireless industry members from around the world. “If you think about it, the business you’re in created more new networks of knowledge and cooperation than any single development in human history all around the world.”
Since leaving politics in 2000, Clinton has thrown himself into work addressing numerous social, economic and health issues in some of the poorest areas of the world, forming a foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative to give those efforts and organizational structure. Read More
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)