TU Me: A New VoIP and Social Comms iPhone App from Telefonica
Posted by Rant4u
From You TU Me
VoIP has long been a thorn in the side of CSPs, losing them valuable calling billable minutes and clogging up the network with additional data. The massive success of Skype has seen several attempts to duplicate the model, with varying success, but this is the first dedicated app we’ve seen from a telco.
TU Me comes from Telefonica and is out now on iPhone via the App Store around the world. It will be packaged or promoted with the company’s various brands including Telefonica, Movistar, Vivo and O2, but can be used on any network.
Rather than just emulate Skype, it comes with a full history timeline, adds social sharing and will be updated regularly with new features to create a compelling offering. The app comes from the company’s TU division which was created just six months ago to create better social experiences for users.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
About Rant4uA Revolution in Social Networking
Posted on May 9, 2012, in #apps, #cell phones, #technology and tagged Apple, apps, iPhone Apps, Mac, massive success, New Apps, social experiences, technology, Telefonica, TU ME. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.